Tuesday 17 February 2015

Shivratri : Bholenath sabke Sath

Today it is Mahashivratri , the wedding anniversary of Mahadev Shiv and Godess Parvati . This is one of the most celebrated festival of Hindus. On the day of Shivratri Goddess Parvati , daughter of King Himachal was married to Mahadev Shiv , who is also called Bhoothnath , Bholenath , Shambhu etc.

It was the information about the festival, now I'll like to discuss my yesterday's encounter.

Yesterday I went to market , there I met with my three friends . They were planning to visit Bijli Mahadev temple on the occasion of Shivratri. They asked me to join them .
'I wish I could be a part of tommorow's holy trip but sorry buddies , I have to go back as I have my classes day after tommorrow' I said .
'we wil start our jouney at 8:00 am and will be back at 3:00 pm . So you'll get sufficient time to leave .' One of them said .
'After reaching back we will go to Bhoothnath temple and .....then we will have the Shiva's prasad .....GHOTA. ' the other guy said with a smiling expression.
Everyone nodded.
(Ghota is a special kind of milk shake with ingredients like dry fruits , sugar and the most effective component of Ghota ...Marijuana leaves . This drink is said to be very tasty but I had not tasted it yet.
It makes you feel like a flying bird , I had heard this from one my neighbour .)
The third guy started then 'do You all know , why It is believed that the Fast on the day of Shivratri fulfils Our all wishes ? '
We the listeners shooked our heads.
He continued, 'On Shivratri the devotees make the Ghota on the name of Shiva . Due to this much quantity of Ghota Shiva geta hangover and also he goes emotional for the people who had ate nothing whole day and fulfils all their wishes '
The actual words he said were ' Shivji ko chadhate hain Ghota , Fir bajti hai Bholenath ko Terr....fir Jo mango Bhole baba Sab kuchh de dete hain aur agar vrat kia ho tab to bawa sb kuchh mil jata h '
It was a totally different logic from the others that I had heard from the elders of my village.
But still it was a satisfactory logic for all the Ghota lovers.
On hearing this logic the other two guys laughed and I passed a smile .
After few more talks, I left them And during my way back home , I was thinking about one thing only , the logic that my friend described.
Suddenly I burst into laughter and looked back at them from a distance of about 300 metres , they were still discussing some logical/illogical facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment