Sunday 8 February 2015

The valentine's effect

                                                              
In the morning when I woke up today, I found my beard has grown too much. I thought about shaving the beard off.  The  only thing I wanted to check first was to know whether it was Tuesday or not. As it is believed in Hindus that cutting of body's hair on Tuesday makes you sinner.

"What is the day buddy " I asked my room mate who was still packed inside the quilt.
He didn't replied . So I repeated my question .
"It is chocolates day man " he said in an irritated voice.


I bent my head a little bit and raised my left eyebrow , which is the expression representing my confusion. Then my lips extended to give a smile and  I burst in to laughter. Chocolates day !!! I continued laughing.
"What is your problem men !!" my room mate said in an angry manner.
"Nothing. sorry for disturbance." I whispered and checked in my cellphone. It showed  Monday , 9 Feb .

I took my wallet and head toward the shop , a few steps away from my room .   There, I found a huge rush, huge in terms that generally there are not more than 5-7 customers at a time . But today they were more than fifteen. Most of them were the polytechnical college  students . After waiting for more than 10 minutes , I got a chance to order my goods.

"Chocolate ? which one?" the shopkeeper asked me.
I again burst into laughter.
"A packet  of Gillete blades and a shaving cream ." I asked.
The shopkeeper smiled and said "everyone is asking for  chocolates today."
I raised my eyebrows and shook my head giving a smile .

Then I came back to room and stood in front of the mirror. After thinking for a while, I smiled and put the blades in the drawer .
" What is the need of shaving , though I am not having some one to show my good looks  while gifting her a chocolate."  I convinced myself.
I went back into my quilt and closed my eyes .
 The smile was still on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment