Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Generation Gap


Today when I was coming back after college I thought about having a cup of tea . My roommate Bali was with me. We went to a tea shop . When we entered in the shop , we found our two classmates Ravi and Tomar were already inside . After giving an order of two cups of tea we went to their table and joined them.
Both of them were busy on their cellphones . They looked at us and gave us a 'dead fish hand shake' . Then they kept using their cellphones . Most probably they were chatting with girls . Bali is also an addicted fb and wtsapp user. It seems that if he will stop using these apps , Zukenbarg will go into huge losses.
No one was talking so I also unlocked my phone and opened fb .
There were no new messages and no notifications except the timeline review of the photos tagged by some irritating fb worms.
As there was nothing special to do with my phone , I looked around our table . There was a group of 5 persons on the table next to us left side. All of them were 60 plus in age. One of them was just shooking his head , it seemed that he was not able to speak anything . Even though he was an active part of their conversation.
Now the four cups of tea were on our table .
'It is just like tea for truck drivers' Ravi said after taking his first sip. Bali and Tomar didn't noticed what he said. I looked at him and nodded , giving a smile .
Then we were again busy on our phones and were also taking sips of tea. After finishing our tea we stood up and were about to leave.
After paying the bill ,I looked back on the table of old men. They were still talking and each one of them was curious in the discussion.
Then I was on the road . My three friends were still busy on their phones while walking on the road.
Then I thought what was wrong between us . Why we were not talking to each other while having tea. Nothing was wrong between us but we were not having any talk .
The oldmen were better than us. Was that the effect generation gap or the ill effect of the mobile phone.
The old men were laughing , messing up on some topics and enjoying each other's company.

We were also present in the same shop but just physically . Our minds were out of the place and out of our company .
Its not about we four guys only , this problem is with more than 70% of the population between 16-26 .
Whose fault is this??? FB's or WhatsApp 's ??? .
No its the fault of the time I think . The time has changed and so are we .

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment